Take a second and think about your home. Now think about which rooms have the most foot traffic, whether it be from kids, pets, etc. These rooms are where you’ll want to install stain-resistant carpet.
Floor Coverings International Lexington offers a variety of stain-resistant carpet styles. Keep reading to learn more about this type of flooring and find out which carpet will work best for your unique space.
When choosing a stain-resistant carpet style, look out for keywords like nylon, polyester, or olefin, as these synthetic carpet materials are the most stain-resistant. The majority of synthetic carpet styles have gone through certain treatments that increase their ability to resist stains. Here are the best styles to look for:
- Nylon: Nylon is durable and stain resistant. This style is a good choice for people with pets, children, many guests, heavy foot traffic, etc.
- Olefin: Olefin is stain and moisture resistant, affordable, and synthetic.
- Berber: Berber is stylish and durable. This style is made up of very tight and low loops which make it hard for dirt or liquid to get into the fibers and seep down deeper into the carpet. Berber usually has lighter/neutral tones with darker flecks mixed in, and comes in a variety of colors.
- Plush: Plush is a dense, low maintenance style, pretreated to resist stains. This style has a luxurious soft feel.
- Solution-dyed: Solution-dyed means the fiber was dyed before being woven, which gives the carpet stronger stain resistance.
- Loop pile fibers: This means the fibers are bent into loops, creating a more durable and stain resistant carpet (i.e. Berber).
Get Started in Lexington!
Whether you already know the exact style of stain-resistant carpet you want or you’d just like to browse all of our options, the best place to start is with an expert. Floor Coverings International Lexington offers free, in-home consultations with no commitment required. Our experts are ready to help by providing service estimates and design suggestions, and can answer any questions you have about the flooring installation process. Call or sign up online to schedule your free consultation today!